Dog Tags are a unique type of collectible in Battlefield 4 that are used for completing the achievement Recon (together with collecting weapons in the single player campaign) as well as customizing your character in multiplayer. Beside the dog tags you can find in the single player campaign there are many to be obtained and unlocked through special promotions (like the one beta testers got, or unique ones that players got through DICE’s promotions).
Battlefield 4 Premium subscribers get special dog tags to show off as well. You can pick two tags when customizing your soldier, one you unlocked through gameplay and one unique tag. In the screenshot guide bellow we will show you how to get all the dog tags in the Battlefield 4 (short) single player campaign.
- The first dog tag in Battlefield 4 single player campaign can be obtained just as you start the game. As you go through the school’s corridors there will be a door to your left (the first such door you come across). Once you open it you will see the dog tag pinned to the board on the wall.
- After you fight in the inner school yard (where you fight as a squad for the first time) your squad will drop down a hole – do not follow. There is a dog tag in the room and you need to carefuly jump over the hole and get it.
- Final tag in Baku is at the very end of the level. There will be a helicopter crash. Before you enter a jeep next to a burning wreck of the helicopter you should go through the fire and pick up the tag in the pilot’s cabin.
- As soon as you start going on foot through the alleyways, you will be able to turn left of the main route into a dead-end street. On one of the doors is the “One-man Riot” dog tag.
- You will enter the tower and after you use the first elevator, as soon as you get out of it, the dog tag is pinned above the elevator door.
- As you are running away from a tank you will once again go into alleyways of Shanghai. There is this junction where you can actually climb on top of a building roof and fight some Chinese Spec Ops from there. Dog tag is on the ground floor, in a left dead-end alley.
South China Sea
- The moment this mission starts you go straight and in the room to the right, just before the repair-man, you will find the tag above one of the beds.
- Part of the mission will take you diving underwater. There will be a part where there is fire burning above and you go through a green lit door. This is just before you leave water. Collectible is in that section.
- You will get back to Valkyrie and rescue the Chinese girl. All together you will exit to ship’s deck where a fight breaks out. Squad will go to the left and the collectible is to the right in a burning wreckage of a helicopter.