Destiny 2 PC Beta changes, fixes and tweaks include updates for Quickplay and Competitive. These involve changes to matchmaking times and systems. As for the bugs and fixes, several major glitches will be removed, together with other improvements, in the Destiny 2 PC Beta update.
What are the Destiny 2 PC Beta updates to Competitive and Quickplay
Bungie will update both Quickplay and Competitive in the Destiny 2 PC Beta, according to Crucible Design Lead Lars Bakken. In Bungie’s latest weekly blog post, they’ll shorten matchmaking for Quickplay, and Skill won’t be as much of a deciding factor anymore. They’re also upping the Control winning score from 75 to 100. Finally, the Mercy rule won’t feature so prominently, because they’re extending the trigger to make matches a bit longer.
In Competitive, on the other hand, matchmaking might take longer. There’s good reason for this, because matchmaking will take more time to “introduce you to players that are closer to you in skill with a good connection.” To compliment this, Bungie will improve upon skill calculation in Countdown. Sure, it might require a little more time, but it sounds like you’ll end up with a far better gameplay experience.
Fixes and tweaks to PC Beta of Destiny 2
The Destiny 2 PC Beta introduces several vital bug fixes and tweaks. Josh Hamrick, Sandbox Designer, listed them off in the same blog post:
FIXED: Infinite Super Glitch
- Infinite Supers are all well and good until someone loses an eye.
FIXED: Warlock Glide Glitch
- This bug was awesome… So awesome it hurt us a little bit to kill it. Thanks to those in the console Beta who helped us track this down.
FIXED: Infinite Grenades Glitch
- Another issue found with the help of our friends in the console Beta. (Thank you!)
FIXED: Warlocks now have the same Melee Range as all other classes
- With the exception of where perks directly increase their range, Warlocks will punch like the rest of us. Our PC friends will get a chance to experience a world with consistent base melee ranges. So will the rest of you, when the game launches.
TWEAKED: Globally reduced the time it takes to charge your Super
- This was a big change that came directly from your feedback during the console beta. We agree it was taking a bit too long to cook up a Super.
TWEAKED: Increased Grenade Damage in PvE
- Increased damage helps Grenades feel as powerful as they should facing hordes of alien combatants and, more specifically, makes the longer cooldowns more palatable. We want abilities to be slightly more rare, but worth it. In the console Beta, the “worth it” part wasn’t quite there yet.
TWEAKED: Increased Power Ammo drops in PvE
- This is something we had felt internally and have been slowly tuning up over the last several weeks. The PC beta has been updated with our new values and will provide much more heavy ammo in PvE than what was found before. Heavy ammo can also be directly farmed from all Yellow Bar Combatants. Go big, Guardians!