Prometheus Lens is an exotic trace rifle in Destiny 2. The weapon was added in the Curse of Osiris DLC. It’s pretty much the same as Coldheart, only with solar damage. We’ll call it Warmheart. It’s been wreaking havoc in Crucible since the first time it dropped, and Bungie claims that’s due to a bug. Be that as it may, it is currently the most sought-after weapon in the entire game. In this guide, we’re going to show you how to get the Destiny 2 Prometheus Lens exotic trace rifle, which perks it has and what it actually does.
How to get Prometheus Lens?
Sadly, you’ll get the Prometheus Lens the same way you got pretty much every other exotic – randomly. Although we always advise you to concentrate on activities that have supposedly higher chances of yielding exotic weapons, like heroic public events and milestones, some people have reported getting the new trace rifle from Gunsmith engrams. In other words, you don’t find it – it will find you when the algorithm wills it.
Prometheus Lens perks & stats
Prometheus Lens is a trace rifle – like Coldheart. It shoots out a beam that continuously does solar damage to those it hits. It’s got quite a reach, and it’s easy to adjust your aim mid-stream, which makes it great for keeping others at bay. Here are the perks it comes equipped with:
- Prismatic Inferno (intrinsic) – Fires a Solar trace beam and generates a damaging heat field that grows while the weapon continues to fire.
- Chambered Compensator (barrel) – Increases stability, lowers recoil and handling speed.
- Projection Fuse (battery) – Increases range.
- Flame Refraction (trait) – Kills with this weapon return a fraction of the ammo used to the magazine, extending the beam’s duration.
- Composite Stock (stock) – Increases stability and handling speed.