Court of Oryx
is a new public event in Destiny: The Taken King. Presenting the court with a specific rune summons a boss, and defeating it is rewarded with great loot, including calcified fragments
There are three tiers to it, each with progressively harder bosses and better rewards. In this guide, we’re going to show you how to access the Court of Oryx, how to beat the bosses and how to obtain the runes you need.
How to obtain Antiquated Rune
In order to start the events at the Court of Oryx, you’ll need a specific rune for each tier:
- The Reciprocal Rune starts the first tier. They are obtained from loot chests and quests.
- The Stolen Rune opens up tier 2. You’ll get them as rewards on Tier 1, but also for completing activities on the Dreadnaught.
- The Antiquated Rune is required for tier 3. They are rewards for finishing Tier 2, Nightfall and Crota’s Bane faction quests.
How to access the Court of Oryx
Go to the Court and find the corridor with the six statues. Three of them are used for starting different tiers of the event. Here’s how to start the tiers:
- Tier 1: Go up to the first statue and use the Reciprocal Rune.
- Tier 2: Charge up the Stolen Rune by finishing Tier 1 three times, then go up to the second statue and use it.
- Tier 3: Charge up the Antiquated Rune by finishing Tier 2 three times, then approach the third statue and use it.
Court of Oryx Tier 1 Bosses
There are six boss fights in the first tier, and you’ll get a random one each time. The recommended Light level for this event is 190.
- Bracus Horu’usk – Has a shield powered by minions. Clear the minions before you attack him.
- Lokaar – Has elemental shields. Make sure you’re using weapons of the right element.
- Krughor – Kill the Thralls when they’re near him and their explosion will disable his shield.
- Alzok Dal, Gornuk Dal and Zyrok Dal – The wizards can ressurect each other. Take them all down to a sliver of health, then destroy them simultaneously.
- Cra’adug and Mengoor – They have shields that drop only when they’re close to each other. One team member should kite them towards each other, while the others fire away.
- Vorlog – Has switching elemental shields. Make sure everyone has a different element on their weapon.
Court of Oryx Tier 2
Tier 2 will just throw two combined Tier 1 bosses at you randomly. The key is to make sure you’re acquainted with the former bosses before you take them on in pairs. You should also be aware of which one is the bigger threat and needs to die first. The recommended light level for this activity is 240.
Tier 3 Boss Fights in The Court of Oryx
Tier 3 is where all the fun is. It’s also where all the best loot is. The bosses on this activity rotate on a weekly basis. For now, only two have been introduced:
- Kagoor – You’ll have to defeat the Servite Ogre first. To make this easy, kill the Maleficent Eye – it will give you a buff that increases damage to ogres. When the ogre’s down, Kagoor is your next target. He’ll be surrounded by 3 ogres, so you’d best concentrate on taking care of him quickly.
- Thalnok – He is immune to normal weapons. Thankfully, you can use his own against him:
- Kill the swordbearer (the named mob with the yellow bar) and take his sword.
- Kill the two wizards (the ones next to the boss) so there’s nobody to replenish his shield.
- Hit Thalnok with the sword until it breaks down and the mobs respawn.
- Repeat a couple of times (sword damage depends on light level).