MA-X Angelus-0 is a boss in Final Fantasy XV. It’s a giant, bipedal robot you can find wandering the desert. The mech is level 99 and pretty tough. When you kill it, there’s a chance it’ll drop the Magitek Suit V2, one of the best accessories in the game. Sadly, the drop chance is pretty low, so you might be stuck having to kill it dozens of times. In this guide, we’re going to show you how to kill MA-X Angelus-0 fast in Final Fantasy 15.
Where to find MA-X Angelus-0 in FF15
There’s no set location where you can find this enemy. It will spawn via Imperial dropship at a couple of places, but you’re stuck waiting and reloading until it shows up. The best location is next to the camping spot north of Hammerhead garage. Stand there and wait for the dropship. If it’s not the boss, either reload or kill the cannon fodder and wait for the next one (should appear about 30 seconds after the fight ends).
How to kill MA-X Angelus-0 fast in FFXV
Preparation is key here. You’ll need specific weapons, items and food. Here’s the best way to prepare:
- Get the Zwill Crossblades from Randolph. If you need more details, take a look at our best weapons in FFXV guide.
- Use the rest of the slots to equip the Armigers with the highest damage output.
- Make sure you equip accessories that increase your damage, like the Dark Matter Bracelet.
- Bring several Power EX and Muscle Stimulant potions.
- Camp at the nearby site and eat the Golden Tail Soup. It will make all your attacks critical hits.
The fight itself shouldn’t take longer than five minutes, provided you’ve prepared well. Here are some things to keep in mind during combat:
- Start the fight in easy mode, and make sure you’ve unlocked Carbuncle. You’ll need to let the boss kill you to get Carbuncle’s buff.
- The boss’ weak spot is the rocket launcher on its back.
- The arms have extra protection, but breaking them will make the boss vulnerable.
- Use Ignis’s Enhancement skill to increase your damage output.
- Chug Muscle Stimulants and Power EXs to further enhance your attack.