How to travel in FFXV – BasicsExploring the vast Final Fantasy XV world you’ll need to do some serious footwork. At the start of the game, you’ll have to make those clothes dirty, with all the walking and running.
- It gets a bit easier as you repair your car – Regalia
- It’s even easier when you rent a Chocobo
- Eventually your end goal is to find and upgrade Regalia to a flying Airship. This Airship, marked as a Regalia Type-F, is the ultimate type of transportation
- To make the traveling experience more enjoyable, there are some decent perks as well. They are all found in the exploration ascension grid. Once learned, these perks give the player an additional AP and experience points for spending. They give these points as a reward for long trips in the car, or by Chocobo. The ascension grid abilities have quite funny names as well: Roadrunning (gain AP for long trips in the car), Roadlife (gain experience for long trips in the car), Chocobump (gain AP for long trips by Chocobo) and more.
How to travel using RegaliaYou can’t drive any other car beside Regalia. Longer distances are not a problem with this car, but there are some limitations and perks for using it. It runs on gas, can be broken, at the end it can kill the whole party if not treated carefully.
Approach the car and interact with it to open the Regalia menu. From here you can choose between Auto (Ignis drive) and Manual (Noctis, the player drive) mode.
- During the night the player must take control of the Regalia. We can leave the controls of the car to Ignis during the day, and just enjoy the scenery.
- Car’s option “Auto” gives an ability to select a destination. This is a fast travel option to any POI, no matter how far distance. It costs Gil.
- The Regalia is upgradeable. Near the end of the game you can even make it fly. This makes it the only air method of travel.
- The Regalia is faster than Chocobos.
- Once you obtain the flying car Regalia, you’ll have to practice taking off and landing, because if you crash at landing you’ll die.
How to travel with ChocoboChocobo is the best option for shorter travel. These magnificent animals can walk, run, drift, glide and even swim! The glorious sound as they interact with the rider is the single reason why you should use them.
- To use the Chocobo, find and rent them at the Chocobo rental station. They are found near parking lots, stores and more. They become marked on map, as you come near them.
- Chocobo’s swimming ability is something that is not to be neglected. More so because it seems that players can not swim.
- You can summon a Chocobo wherever you want. Although they are afraid of enemies and might run away, they are still the number one solution for exploring.
- You can increase the performance of the Chocobo (speed and stamina) by giving him different food.