There’s quite a bit of stuff coming in the next free update. The patch is coming tomorrow, bringing new features, some event quests, even a new weapon and an exclusive item. Square Enix seems to be having fun with Final Fantasy XV and they do not want it to end any time soon.
Afrosword is probably the star of this update. The Afrojack-themed weapon is a reward for a new timed quest and it features a weapon that basically looks like a huge turntable sword, because why not. How much damage and what effects might be had when Noctis wields this musical blade? No one knows yet, however, it will change the background music. Afrojack is a Grammy winning DJ and producer and when you equip the sword, the BGM will change to a new song by the man himself. Let’s hope you are all fans!
The other changes are more subtle. Here is a full list:
- New “Stable Mode” for the PlayStation 4 Pro, featuring a more stable frame rate on the more powerful console.
- Subtitles, as well as some menu screen text sizes are now larger, for which your eyes will thank you.
- Timed Quests will start up again, with a new ranking feature and the option to receive a cool new weapon.
- More car stickers have been added for Regalia customization.
- Music player will feature new songs.
Looking into the future, the next DLC should be those starring Prompto and Ignis. Prompto might be coming in June, and Ignis at a later date, as it is rumored to bring some serious twist to the story. Other character DLCs that might be in the works are those for Aranea and Ardyn, but they are still just rumors at this point.
Update 1.09 is out on April 27 on PS4 and Xbox One.