NBA Live 18 Signature Ability guide shows descriptions of each player type and playstyle primary trait. The signature ability is one out of the few player traits. It is the only one available both in the League and The Streets. Once you pick your player type and playstyle, this ability will remain with you during your whole career. You can’t switch it like the other secondary traits.
To reach rank 2 and unlock the best Signature Ability, you’ll need to reach XP level 60.
Primary Trait Abilities per Player Type and Style
|Player Type||Playstyle||Description||Signature Name|
|Guard||Point Shooter (Offensive)||Runs the offense while also spacing the floor with his knock-down shooting ability.||Give and Take|
|Guard||Slasher (Offensive)||Uses quickness and finesse to slash through the defense and finish at the rim.||Break it Down|
|Guard||Backcourt Defender (Defensive)||Pesky guard, capable of getting into his opponent’s head and dominating the defensive perimeter.||3 and D|
|Guard||Playmaker (Balanced)||All-around point guard, controls the game and focuses on making plays for others.||Pocket Passer|
|Wing||Shooter (Offensive)||Knock down shooter, works relentlessly to get open, must be guarded at all times.||Get Open|
|Wing||Scorer (Offensive)||The size, speed, and creative arsenal to get in the paint and score at will.||Inside Out|
|Wing||Defender (Defensive)||Relentless defender, uses strength and footwork to shut down even the best offensive players.||Two-Way Impact|
|Big||Stretch Big (Offensive)||The new age big man, a towering marksman who spaces the floor with shooting and can crash the boards.||Board and Fire|
|Big||Rim Protector (Defensive)||An intimidating presence, patrols the paint on defense and can throw it down on offense.||Intimidator|
|Big||Post Anchor (Balanced)||Balanced big man who thrives in the low post on both sides of the court.||Own the Paint|
Signature Abilities Rank 1 and 2 Descriptions
|Primary Trait||Rank 1 & 2|
|Give and Take||1. Dishing out an assist grants a stackable boost to Three-Point Shooting accuracy.
2. Dishing out an assist grants an even greater stackable boost to Three-Point Shooting accuracy.
|Break it Down||1. Every assist will grant a stackable boost to your ability to get to the rim and finish.
2. Every assist will grant a larger stackable boost to your ability to get to the rim and finish.
|3 and D||1. Every successful steal, block, or shot contest adds a stackable boost to three-point shooting.
2. Increase the stackable three-point, shooting boost every time a successful steal, block, or shot contest is performed.
|Pocket Passer||1. Passing to a teammate gives them a bonus in catch and shoot or catch and finish situations.
2. Passing to a teammate gives them a maximum bonus in catch and shoot or catch and finish situations.
|Get Open||1. The longer you remain open, the more shooting accuracy increases.
2. Receive an even greater boost the longer you remain open.
|Inside Out||1. Finishing at the rim will grant a stackable boost to three-point shooting accuracy.
2. Finishing at the rim will grant a maximum stackable boost to three-point shooting accuracy.
|Two-Way Impact||1. A steal, block, or successful shot contest grants a boost to scoring at the rim for one possession.
2. A steal, block, or successful shot contest grants a maximum boost to scoring at the rim for multiple posessions.
|Board and Fire||1. Every rebound grants a stackable bonus to Three-Point Shooting accuracy.
2. Every rebound grants the maximum stackable bonus to Three-Point Shooting accuracy.
|Intimidator||1. Opponents get a penalty to shooting and finishing in the paint whenever you are near.
2. Opponents get an even larger penalty to shooting and finishing in the paint whenever you are near.
|Own the Paint||1. Scoring around the basket gives a stackable Boost to shot blocking and rebounding.
2. Scoring around the basket gives a larger stackable boost to shot blocking and rebounding.