It has been almost a month since the last update and Ubisoft Montreal have not been sitting idle on their hands. Update 2.2.2 for Rainbow Six: Raven Shield will be up today for all platforms. Ubisoft Montreal says that there is a number of changes, a lot of them dedicated to future updates and quality of life changes and server upgrades.
After the previous update introduced loot boxes called alpha packs, the changes this time around include dedicated servers for Terrorist Hunt, in-game voice chat and custom games. No more waiting around wasting time. Dedicated servers should do wonders for improved connection stability. The developer mentions Vivox integration, arriving first to PC, then consoles.
The bug fixes include a huge list you can check out at the official patch notes, while we chose a few of the most important ones:
- Valkyrie’s Black Eye cameras can no longer be placed in a location that provides visibility of the entire Bank map.
- Wall reinforcement debris no longer remain floating in certain cases.
- Glaz’s gadget now properly shows enemies when looking through specific angles through windows.
- Yokai Drone can now stick to the ceiling in the Garage of Bank.
- Carrying the hostage on the 2F service stairs of Consulate no longer causes the hostage to clip through the wall.
- A wall in Skyscraper’s Geisha Room can no longer be reinforced from both sides.
Another interesting moment is the Lucky Seventh Pulse elite skin, for the FBI operators, inspired by the cult movie Taxi Driver, which includes:
- Oscillator weapon skin for the M1014, UMP45, 5.7 USG, and M45 Meusoc
- Wavelength gadget skin for Pulse’s HB-5 Cardiac Sensor
- Slick victory animation
- Elite Pulse Chibi charm
- Lucky Seventh uniform
Oh, and there’s a new vaulting animation, which shows exactly where the player vaulting from the window is watching.