In our Articuno Counters, Weakness & Best Moveset in Pokemon GO guide, we are going to give you all the info you’ll need to fight the legendary ice bird efficiently. Considering that Articuno will be in five-star raids from July 1st to July 7th, you might want to brush up on how best to bring it down. So, let’s dive straight in.
Pokemon GO Articuno Counters
Before we get to the best moveset and weakness, let’s dive into the best counters against Articuno in Pokemon GO. We’ll give you a list of some of the best Pokemon to use against the ice bird below. Of course, these are only suggestions; feel free to add some of your preferred Articuno counters in the comments below.
- Mega Aerodactyl with Rock Throw and Rock Slide
- Rampardos with Smack Down and Rock Slide
- Tyranitar (Shadow or regular) with Smack Down and Stone Edge
- Terrakion with Smack Down and Rock Slide
- Rhyperior with Smack Down and Rock Wrecker
- Omastar (Shadow or regular) with Rock Thrown and Rock Slide
- Mega Y Charizard with Fire Spin and Blast Burn
- Mega X Charizard with Fire Spin and Blast Burn
- Gigalith with Smack Down and Rock Slide
- Mega Manectric with Thunder Fang and Wild Charge
Articuno Weakness & Best Moveset in Pokemon GO
Now that we’ve covered the counters, let’s get into the weakness and best Articuno moveset in Pokemon GO. Or, in this case, weaknesses. As you could probably tell from the list above, Articuno is weak against Steel, Fire and Electric-type attacks, which deal 160% damage to it. However, it’s even weaker against Rock attacks, as those deal a whopping 256% damage. On the other hand, you should avoid Bug and Grass attacks, as they only deal 63% damage, and at 39% damage, Ground attacks are all but completely useless.
As for what the best moveset is, the consensus seems to be that it’s Frost Breath as the Quick Attack and Ice Beam as the Charged Attack. The other combinations are not as good. That said, Ice Shard as the Quick Attack and/or Blizzard as the Charged Attack are all good choices. The other Charged moves Articuno can have include Ancient Power (Rock), Icy Wind (Ice), Hurricane (Flying, Elite TM), Return (Normal, Purified) and Frustration (Normal, Shadow).