If you want to get the best loot in the Diablo 4 endgame (and, let’s be real, who doesn’t?), you will want to make your way to a Nightmare Dungeon. These are big and difficult dungeons that are going to test your skill and character build to the limit. Thankfully, the rewards for completing them are very much worth the challenge. Of course, not every Nightmare Dungeon is of the same quality. So which are the best dungeons in Diablo 4? We are going to rank all of the Nightmare Dungeons in the game in this Diablo 4 Nightmare Dungeon Tier List as of July 2023.
Diablo 4 Best Nightmare Dungeon Tier List (Overall)
Note that, before you will be able to do Nightmare Dungeons, you are first going to need to beat the game on World Tier 2. Once you have done that, you will then have to complete Cathedral of Light. Doing this will then unlock World Tier 3: Nightmare, and the Nightmare Sigils that you need in order to run Nightmare Dungeons.
Now, before we get into the tier list rankings themselves, we have to point out a couple of things. First, the game has only been out for a short while. This means that there are likely more Nightmare Dungeons that are going to be added, as well as balance tuning for existing ones. Also, this is only our personal opinion. If you believe a Nightmare Dungeon should be ranked lower or higher, feel free to tell us why that is in the comments. And now, let’s see the tier list, starting with the best Nightmare Dungeons, and working our way down to the least good ones:
- S Tier: Champion’s Demise and Maulwood.
- A Tier: Feral’s Den, Kor Dragaan, Crusader’s Cathedral, and Aldurwood.
- B Tier: Abandoned Mineworks, Maugan’s Works, Dark Ravine, Serpent’s Lair, Renegade’s Retreat, Blind Burrows, and Witchwater.
- C Tier: Anica’s Claim, Shadowed Plunge, Ancient’s Lament, Shivta Ruins, Prison of Caldeum, Earthen Wound, and Zenith.
- D Tier: Onyx Hold, Conclave, Cultist Refuge, Raethwind Wilds, Whispering Pines, Guulrahn Canals, Lost Archives, Black Asylum, Guulrahn Slums, Sunken Ruins, and Demon’s Wake.
Diablo 4 Nightmare Dungeon Tier List for Solo XP Farming
Of course, Solo XP Farming works differently in D4 than it does with a group. You are going to need to carefully pick the Dungeons that you can reliably do by yourselves, and which are worth it. Because of this, we have compiled this list that takes all of these factors into account:
- S Tier: Aldurwood, Guulrahn Canals, Blind Burrows, Raethwind Wilds, and Sunken Ruins.
- A Tier: Champion’s Demise, Maulwood, Witchwater, Lost Archives, Whispering Pines, and Demon’s Wake.
- B Tier: Zenith, Shadowed Plunge, Earthen Wound, Ancient’s Lament, Kor Dragan Barracks, Onyx Hold, and Abandoned Mineworks.
- C Tier: Serpent’s Lair, Renegade’s Retreat, Earthen Wound, Maugan’s Wake, Black Asylum, Guulrahn Slums, Shivta Ruins, Dark Ravine, Cultist’s Refuge, Conclave, and Zenith.
- D Tier: Feral’s Den, Prison of Caldeum, and Crusader’s Cathedral.