Diablo Immortal How to Change Class
The Diablo Immortal Class Change feature is one of the most exciting innovations for players who like to experiment with all classes. Unique classes and their countless playstyles were always a core gameplay experience in many Diablo games. And while many players like to “main” their favourite class, having various alts with other classes was the norm as well. However, grinding levels and gear for those classes can often be exhausting. Luckily, Diablo Immortal allows you to switch classes almost instantly. Here’s how to switch classes in Diablo Immortal.
Diablo Immortal Class Change Limitations & Requirements
NEW UPDATE: Starting from July 20th update, class change is now available for free for all Diablo Immortal players. However, there is a set of rules, limitations, and requirements. Below, we list some of the most important rules regarding class change in Diablo Immortal, as written and provided by Blizzard:
- Class Change becomes available for a character beginning at level 35.
- You may change your class once every seven days and at no cost.
- There is also a one-time option to immediately revert to your previous class, skipping the seven-day waiting period.
- There are no current plans to allow players to purchase the ability to change classes more frequently.
- When you change to each class for the first time, you can set the appearance of your character and receive a full reset of your Paragon Trees.
- Upon changing to each class for the first time, you will be granted placeholder gear. The placeholder gear will have an equivalent rank to the previously equipped gear of your last class.
- All Clan, Warband and other social group affiliations will carry over.
- Some class-specific cosmetics and gear will not carry over when you change classes.
- All gear equipped for your previous class will be available in your inventory.
- Any cosmetics owned for a class will be retained on that class and will be available upon changing back to it.
How to Change Class in Diablo Immortal
Given that Diablo Immortal is more focused on the MMO part of the genre, your character progression is incredibly important if you want to stay competitive with other players on the server. Though, that can be an incredibly slow and grindy process. Thus, most players will opt-in to having only one “main” character.
However, Blizzard’s Class Change feature will allow players to easily switch between classes with their main character. Class Change can be done in Westmarch, and when you do this you’ll also receive new visual customization. And the best thing? You’ll retain all your progress on Paragon levels. Here’s what else happens when you change your class:
- You get a new set of equipped items suitable to your new class
- You will be able to transfer all of your item progress and gems to them
- Old equipped items or stash will NOT be lost
- You’ll keep your Horadric Vessels progress
- You’ll keep your Helliquary progress
The only thing you’ll need to start over again is collecting Legendary items which are specific to your new class. This feature will allow players to try out all available classes without having to abandon their main character and start grinding all over again. If you change your mind and want to go back to your character’s original class, the game will automatically reverse to your previous class’ visual customisation and will equip all legendary items you had before the change.
Finally, it is important to note that the Diablo Immortal Class Change feature will not be available on the launch day! But developers have confirmed that they will be working on implementing it as soon as possible. It is expected to be added in weeks following the launch of the game.