The free July update for Gears of War 4 is now live for both the Xbox One and PC version. The biggest addition are the two new maps – Raven Down and Reclaimed Windflare. Apart from that, the patch brings several gameplay and balance tweaks, as well as some bug fixes and 21 new Country Emblems.
The Gears of War 4 July update is now available for free. The patch notes have been released, and they contain mostly various adjustments to the gameplay, especially the multiplayer. However, the main draw are the two new maps, Raven Down and Reclaimed Windflare. Raven Down is making a return from the first Gears of War, while Reclaimed Windflare is a modified version of Reclaimed. Basically, whichever mode you’re playing, Windflare storms will roll in every now and again to wreak havoc.
You can check out the list of fixes and adjustments that the July update brings to Gears of War 4 below.
- Players shot at point-blank range in cover will no longer receive reduced damage
- Players can no longer survive under the avalanche on Avalanche
- Players can no longer capture the rings in KOTH on Avalanche from below the balconies
- Fixed an exploit allowing players to keep weapons after a change in Arms Race
- Fixed an issue where players could leave a Ranked Lobby just as they join one without being aware, resulting in a suspension
- Updated Palace Guard dialogue to match their intended voice
- Improved Oscar’s dialogue tuning to match improvements for other characters in the Rise of the Horde update
- Horde: Reduced effectiveness of spawn manipulation on Security
- Horde: The Sniper’s ‘Called Shot’ mark ability now works when using a turret
- Horde: A Scout using Cloak will not break Cloak by roadie running in cover
- Horde: Enemies killed by Explosive Headshots will no longer reset the Magic Bullet Multiplier
- Improvements to the Lightning Weapon Skin set animation
- Fixed display issues with YJeter’s Lancer Skin
- Added 21 new Country Emblems (available in Gear Packs and Craftable)
- Miscellaneous fixes and improvements