If your Mortal Kombat 1 preorder bonus is missing, don’t worry; it’s not a major issue. Mortal Kombat 1 early access is now live for players who have preordered Premium and Kollector’s editions of the game. As a pre-order reward, they are set to receive Shang Tsung. Here’s how to claim and access the Shang Tsung pre-order bonus character if he’s not showing in MK1.
Mortal Kombat 1 Shang Tsung Not Showing, Preorder Bonus Missing
So, you’ve pre-ordered Mortal Kombat 1 but did not receive access to Shang Tsung? And now you’re wondering what you should do. If the MK1 Shang Tsung pre-order bonus is missing, and you have purchased a physical copy of Mortal Kombat 1, you’ll need to redeem a code. Your retailer should have provided you with a code either via email or as a physical card. To redeem a code, follow these instructions:
- From the Game Home Menu select the PlayStation Store hub.
- Head to the top menu “Categories” bar and select a “…” icon next to the shopping cart icon.
- Select “Redeem Code” from the options.
- Enter your code and press the cross button to continue.
- Now, you will see the content you are redeeming. Press the Confirm option.
- A message will appear confirming that the code has been redeemed. Press “OK”.
- The content should download automatically.
- Head to the Microsoft Store from the Xbox Home Menu.
- Select “Redeem” with the “A” button on your controller from the left sidebar menu in the Store.
- Enter your code when prompted and then select Next to confirm.
- If Shang Tsung is available, a download will start under “My Games and Apps” in your queue.
If you’ve purchased a digital copy of the game, Shang Tsung should automatically be available in the game. If Shang Tsung is still not showing, try power-cycling your console. Here’s how do do that for bot Xbox Series X/S and PlayStation 5:
- Turn off your console completely.
- Unplug it from the wall.
- Leave it unplugged for around 2 to 5 minutes.
- Plug the console back and turn it on.
Manually Download and Install Preorder Bonus Content
If you still haven’t received your bonus, you might need to download additional content to the game manually. Here’s how to do that.
- Open the Mortal Kombat 1 game page from the Home Screen or your Game Library.
- Select the game and scroll down to the “PlayStation Store” section.
- From the “Your Add-ons” menu, you can manually download any individual pieces of content you own.
- Head to My Games and Apps.
- Find Mortal Kombat 1.
- Press A to select the game.
- Choose “Ready to Install” from the drop-down menu.
- Select the available add-on that you wish to install and confirm.
Hopefully, this will help you with your “Mortal Kombat 1 Preorder Bonus Missing, Shang Tsung Not Showing” issue. If after all these measures you are still unable to access Shang Tsung in MK1, then please contact Mortal Kombat Games Support directly and explain your problem.