Team Gwent is hard at work on balancing out the closed beta. Just one day after the last major update, they’ve released a hotfix. This is mainly to fine tune some things that haven’t been working as intended, as well as some extra nerfs. Let’s go over the Gwent hotfix details.
The new patch for Gwent addresses some issues that the game’s been having. Mostly, the focus are cards and card interactions that were working wrong and making the game a little unfair. For example, Foltest being able to copy Spy cards was a touch too much power, since it made playing with Spy decks an almost completely unviable tactic.
However, as a lot of players have noticed, they’ve been very liberal with the nerf hammer, for better or worse. In this patch, the Queen Cerys synergy took the hardest blow.So much so, that a lot of players have complained that it’s now borderline unplayable.
Same goes for King Bran and any discard synergy that went with him. Right now, Skellige players are all but stuck with the self-wounding archetype, which was the strongest one even before this nerf.
Draig Bon Dhu being Relentless is a good nerf, though. Constantly replaying him could net incredibly strong units in the Graveyard, resulting in some very devastating resurrections.
You can see the full list of fixes and changes below.
Gameplay – card Strength / abilities changes:Neutral
- Yennefer: The Conjurer’s Strength changed from 7 to 5.
- Draig Bon Dhu will now be Relentless.
- Cerys’ Strength changed from 12 to 8.
- King Bran’s buff value changed from 2 to 1.
Game Fixes Changes
- Sarah should no longer get double points when Weather Effects are spawned by opponent’s Coral.
- Fleeting Units should no longer stay in the middle of the board after being discarded by Bran’s ability.
- Isengrim will no longer spawn Scoia’tael Neophytes when the opponent plays Decoy.
- Foltest will not be able to copy spying Units.
- Tuirseach Axeman with Resilience will not be buffed by Units cleared from the Battlefield at the end of the round.
- Harpies will not spawn more eggs when pushed by Geralt: Aard.
- Hawker Support will not be boosted when the opponent plays Decoy.
- Units affected by Weather and then replayed on the same row will now have proper Strength.
- Tooltip changes.