Honkai Star Rail Failed to Check for Updates Fix
If you are receiving the Honkai Star Rail “Failed to Check for Updates” error, you should know that you are not alone. This very common issue indicates that there are some hurdles which prevent your Honkai Star Rail launcher from connecting to the game’s servers and download new updates. Read on to learn what troubleshooting steps you can perform to possibly fix and prevent this.
How to Fix Honkai Star Rail Failed to Check for Updates Error
The first step is ensuring that Honkai Star Rail servers are up and running. If the servers are having issues, you will not be able to connect to them. Hence, you will also fail to check for updates in Honkai Star Rail. If there is indeed a server outage, the best thing is to wait until the developers fix the issue.
Check Your Internet Connection
Honkai Star Rail is an always-online game. Hence, a constant internet connection is mandatory. Thus, make sure that your Internet is fast and stable. If possible, always use an Ethernet cable instead of a WiFi network. Check your other online games, and see if there are any issues there. If everything is alright in other games, then the issue is probably not your Internet.
Restart Your Network Device
Sometimes, your Internet may run poorly due to problems caused by your modem/router. To prevent this, yous should power cycle your router from time to time. Follow these instructions:
- Turn off your router.
- Unplug it from an electrical outlet.
- Leave it unplugged for around 2 to 5 minutes.
- Plug it back in and turn it on.
In addition, you may also perform a factory reset of the router to fix configuration errors and update your router firmware. Contact your Internet provider and router manufacturer for more information on how to do that.
Whitelist Honkai Star Rail in Your Antivirus and Firewall Apps
Make sure that Honkai Star Rail is whitelisted in your antivirus and firewall apps. Your system security must be informed that Honkai Star Rail can be trusted while going online, lest it interferes when the game tries to connect to the servers, which may cause Honkai Star Rail “Failed to Check for Updates” error message.
Release and Renew your IP & Flush your DNS
This final step is a bit more technical and requires more work, and that’s why we listed it as your final resort to fix Honkai Star Rail “Failed to Check for Updates” error. Here’s what you will need to do, step-by-step:
- While on the desktop, press Windows Key and type CMD.
- Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
- Type ipconfig /release in the command prompt and press the Enter/Return key on your keyboard.
- Wait a few seconds for a reply that the IP address has been released.
- Type ipconfig /renew in the command prompt and press the Enter/Return key on your keyboard.
- Wait a few seconds for a reply that the IP address has been re-established.
- Type ipconfig /flushdns in the command prompt and press the Enter/Return key on your keyboard.
- Close the command prompt and attempt to make a connection.