Mario Kart 8 Deluxe got another patch, updating the game to version 1.2. The update caries various balance and gameplay tweaks, as well as some fixes to various features. Some of the things the patch includes are displaying race rules on loading screens for online and wireless play, players that fall behind getting catch-up items more frequently, and more.
Nintendo has released the second patch for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Update version 1.2. brings a bunch of tweaks to both gameplay and overall balance in online matches, as well as some fixes that will make the game more enjoyable and fair. It adds one fun new feature, as well. You’ll now be able to use Pikmin-themed amiibos to get a Pikmin suit for your Mii driver. Without further ado, here are the full patch notes.
- Players can use Pikmin-themed amiibo to unlock a Pikmin Suit for the Mii driver.
- Race rules and course name are now displayed on loading screens for online and wireless play, as well as Mario Kart TV.
- Players who are behind in online matches will receive items geared toward catching up more frequently.
- In online matches, no more than two Piranha Plants will be granted as items at the same time.
- Controls are no longer unresponsive when the timer runs out when choosing a Mii racing suit for online matches.
- When a player uses an item right after the Super Horn in online matches, that item will now remain available for other players.
- Item wheel no longer spins continuously in online matches.
- Online matches now end as intended 30 seconds after the first place racer finishes.
- The Boomerang now returns to the first slot, if possible, after a player catches it.
- Items shown in a player’s item slots now display correctly when holding an item behind them.
- No longer possible to use an item after it has been used to block an attack.
- Communication errors no longer occur frequently while spectating or after spectating online matches.