Mass Effect 2 is free to download on Origin for PC users. This is a part of the Origin’s “On the House” promotion. During this time, you can download and play the games listed here for free. These kinds of promotion last from a couple of days, to up to several months. Since Mass Effect 2 is a big title, don’t expect it to last long.
The free version on Origin is the standard one with the extra content. If you don’t own the game already, this way you’ll save yourself 19.99$. The other version – Deluxe Edition – costs around 27.99$. It offers the bonus soundtrack, digital art book, comic, weapons and documentary video.
Once you click on the “Get it Free” button on Origin, it will be added to your library. You’ll get a confirmation e-mail and you are ready to download and play. Mass Effect 2 takes around 15 GB of your hard drive space.
The extra content has the following items:
- Mass Effect 2 Documentary – A behind-the-scenes and making of Mass Effect 2 documentary
- Mass Effect 2 Digital Art Books – Digital Limited edition issue #1 of Mass Effect: Redemption comic book
- Mass Effect 2 Soundtrack
- Recon Hood – Increases weapon damage by 5%
- Sentry Interface – Increases shield strength by 5%
- Umbra Visor – Increases power damage by 5%
- Firewalker Pack
- Cerberus Arc Projector
- Cerberus Weapon and Armor
- Zaeed – The Price of Revenge
- Normandy Crash Site
- Blood Dragon Armor for Mass Effect 2
- Terminus Weapon and Armor – Includes the Terminus Assault Armor and the M-490 Blackstorm weapon.
You can also spend your BioWare Points (money) and get many other things. Things like: Firepower Pack (160 points), Aegis Pack (160 points), Overlord Pack (560 point), Alternate Appearance Pack 1 (Garrus, Thane, Jack) (160 points) and much more.
Mass Effect 2 being free on Origin is a part of the promotional campaign for the newest Mass Effect sequel called Mass Effect: Andromeda. This title is set to release on March 21st in the US, and in Europe on March 23rd. With the latest trailer and the announced date, there have been many new updates. To keep track of them, be sure to visit our Mass Effect Andromeda Page.
Origin’s “On the House” promotion has been live since 2014, with Dead Space as the free game. Not including the free DLCs, Mass Effect 2 is the 23rd free game. The twenty-second was Dungeon Keeper. Some of the other free titles were Battlefield 3, Dragon Age: Origins, Theme Hospital, Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2, Need for Speed: Most Wanted and more.