Three months since its launch on Steam, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds hit a new sales high, with a stunning 4 million copies sold. The previous 3 million mark was broken at the start of this month. With its increasing popularity, being the number-one seller on Steam and one of the most popular games on Twitch, who knows where the limit is now.
The great news for the team behind PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds was reveled on their Twitter, where they’ve thanked everyone for their continuing support. This is not the first time you’ll see this kind of post, and probably not the last.
3 months… 4 million copies of @PUBATTLEGROUNDS sold… Thank you all again for your continuing support <3— PLAYERUNKNOWN (@PLAYERUNKNOWN) June 22, 2017
Early Access Week 13 Update Patch Notes
The weekly updates are, as always, posted on the official and the game’s Steam page, where you can track all of them as soon as they come out.
- Server Performance
Resolved an issue with server performance dropping drastically in certain circumstances.
- Improved rendering performance of other characters.
- Improved client performance during ranged combat.
- Improved rendering performance of vehicles, motorbikes, and boats at a distance.
- Improved the rendering performance of weapon effects at a distance.
- Fixed a client crash that occurred when changing character appearance.
- Prevented users from removing shadows by changing Steam launch options.
- Fixed a bug that caused players to fire more ammo than the amount loaded.
- Fixed a bug that caused lung icon to be displayed as full while taking damage due to lack of oxygen underwater.
- Fixed an issue with indoor walls and objects overlapping each other.
- Fixed a bug that caused the wooden doors inside houses to have a metallic gloss.
- Fixed a bug that caused some parts of the clothing to be shown when firing a weapon while aiming down sights, using 4x or higher scopes.
- Fixed a bug that caused players to enter the DBNO state after drowning. You will now die immediately after taking fatal damage from lack of oxygen.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the use of healing items after firing full auto mode.
- Fixed a bug that caused flower beds to be shown incorrectly at a distance.
- Partially fixed a bug that caused a character to be stuck in terrain.
- Partially fixed a bug that caused the camera to pass through some objects.
The update had a big impact on the game. The graph below clearly shows its influence on server performance.
Here's a graph showing before/after performance of servers w/ this week's patch. Yellow = maxFPS, Blue = AverageFPS, Red = MinFPS pic.twitter.com/xShn0IYMEI— PLAYERUNKNOWN (@PLAYERUNKNOWN) June 22, 2017