In our Pokemon GO Froakie August Community Day 2023 guide, we are going to give you all the details you’ll need in order to make the most of the event. First off, we’ll talk about when the Community Day is going to begin and how long it will last. After that, we’ll briefly discuss whether Froakie can be shiny or not. Lastly, we’ll list the various rewards and bonuses you’ll be able to enjoy. Let’s begin!
When is Froakie Community Day 2023
The Pokemon GO 2023 Froakie Community Day will take place on Sunday, August 13th, from 2 PM to 5 PM local time. Well, some aspects are going to continue until 10 PM. If you evolve a Greninja during the window from 2 PM to 10 PM, it will know the Hydro Cannon Charged Attack. Also, from 5 PM to 10 PM, you’ll be able to take part in four-star Frogadier Raids. If you emerge victorious, Froakie will spawn even more often around the hosting Gym for thirty minutes. It’s a plague of frogs, I tell you! Which is something you actually want in this case, if you want to catch a shiny Froakie. Speaking of…
Can Froakie be Shiny?
Yes, Froakie can be shiny in Pokemon GO, and the August 2023 Community Day is going to be your best shot at getting one (or more, if you’re extraordinary lucky). We’ve covered all this in more detail in our Shiny Froakie Pokemon GO 2023 guide, but real quickly: The fact that Froakie will appear more often in the wild means that you’ll have at least slightly higher odds of encountering a shiny variant. Now, the fork in the soup is that it’s pretty hard to tell the difference between a shiny and regular Froakie. The special version is just several shades lighter than the normal one. Good luck!
Pokemon GO Froakie August Community Day Rewards & Bonuses
The rewards and bonuses you’ll be able to make use of in the August 2023 Froakie Community Day in Pokemon GO are mostly the usual stuff. You can find them all listed below. Of course, there’s also the extra special research story called A Bubbly Disposition that you have to pay an extra dollar for. For more info, check out the official post. Anyways, here’s the list of bonuses.
- Triple Stardust for catching Pokemon
- Double Candy for catching Pokemon
- Twice the chance for Trainers level 31 and up to receive XL Candy from catching Pokemon
- Lure Modules activated during the event last three hours
- Incenses activated during the event last three hours
- Trades done during the event and five hours after will cost 50% less Stardust (from 2 PM to 10 PM local)
- One additional special trade during the event and up to five hours after, maximum of two for the day (from 2 PM to 10 PM local time)
- Take a few snapshots to get a surprise