Knowing what the Kartana weakness, counters and best moveset in Pokemon GO are is going to be important information in the coming days. The Pokemon will be appearing in five-star raids, along with Celesteela from September 13th to September 27th. Plus, there will be a Raid Hour on September 14th. So, in this guide we are going to tell you everything you need to know in order to battle Kartana as efficiently as you can.
Pokemon GO Kartana Weakness & Counters
We are going to begin with what the weakness and best counters against Kartana in Pokemon GO are, and then we’ll dive into its moveset. Now, Kartana has two major weaknesses: Fire, from which it takes a whopping 256% damage, and Fighting (160% damage). On the other hand, you should avoid Normal, Poison, Steel, Rock, Water, Dragon, Fairy, Psychic and Electric attacks (63% damage) and especially Grass (39% damage). So, yeah, fire is the way to go. Here are some suggestions for counters to use.
- Reshiram with Fire Fang and Overheat
- Mega Charizard with Fire Spin and Blast Burn
- Blaziken with Fire Spin and Blast Burn
- Ho-Oh (Shadow or regular) with Incinerate and Sacred Fire
- Chandelure with Fire Spin and Overheat
- Darmanitan (any version) with Fire Fang and Overheat
- Moltres (Shadow or regular) with Fire Spin and Overheat
- Entei (Shadow or regular) with Fire Fang and Overheat
- Heatran with Fire Spin and Flamethrower or Fire Blast
- Mega Houndoom with Fire Fang and Flamethrower
Pokemon GO Kartana Best Moveset
So, now that we know what counters to use against Kartana in Pokemon GO, and what its weakness is, lets dissect its moveset. Considering that it is a Grass / Steel type Pokemon, and because of the power of these attacks, we’d say that the best combination is Razor Leaf (Grass) as the Quick Attack and Leaf Blade (Grass) as the Charged Attack. You can substitute Razor Leaf with Air Slash (Flying), but it just isn’t as good. Kartana can also have a few other Charged Attacks: X-Scissor (Bug), Aerial Ace (Flying) and Night Slash (Dark). You can go with whatever suits your needs best, of course. However, I strongly recommend Razor Leaf and Leaf Blade.