In our Palkia Counters, Weakness & Best Moveset in Pokemon GO, we are going to show you how best to fight against this Pokemon in Raids. It will be returning to five-star Raids from July 31st to August 10th, so you’d better prepare. This foe is nothing to sneeze at, and doesn’t have too many weaknesses to exploit. With that said, let’s not tarry any longer and dive straight in.
Pokemon GO Palkia Counters
Let’s begin with a list of the best counters for Palkia in Pokemon GO, and then we’ll dive into the weakness and best moveset. These Pokemon below are in no particular order; use whichever ones you can that are heavy hitters. You will need to use the best of the best, make no mistake.
- Dialga with Dragon Breath and Draco Meteor
- Salamence (Shadow or regular) with Dragon Tail and Draco Meteor or Outrage
- Rayquaza with Dragon Tail and Outrage
- Gardevoir (Shadow or regular) with Charm and Dazzling Gleam
- Mega Latios with Dragon Breath and Dragon Claw
- Mega Latias with Dragon Breath and Outrage
- Palkia with Dragon Tail and Draco Meteor
- Zekrom with Dragon Breath and Outrage
- Dragonite (Shadow or regular) with Dragon Tail and Draco Meteor or Outrage
- Reshiram with Dragon Breath and Draco Meteor
- Haxorus with Dragon Tail and Dragon Claw
Palkia Weakness & Best Moveset in Pokemon GO
Now that we know some of the best counters for Palkia in Pokemon GO, let’s analyze its weakness and moveset. First off, Palkia is a Water/Dragon Pokemon. It’s really weak against Fairy and Dragon attacks, both of which deal 160% damage. On the flip side, Steel attacks do only 63% damage, while Fire and Water deal a measly 39%. So, stay far away from those if you’re fighting this Pokemon.
Now for the best moveset. Based on most analyses, it seems that the best combination is Dragon Tail (Dragon) as the Fast Attack and either Hydro Pump (Water) or Draco Meteor (Dragon) as the Charged Attack. Either of the strong moves will work really well, so it’s pretty much up to your preferences and needs. Palkia’s other Fast Attack is Dragon Breath (Dragon), and the other Charged Attacks include Aqua Tail (Water) and Fire Blast (Fire).