There are two tech labs in Zelda Breath of The Wild – one in Hateno Village, the other near Akkala. In order to access them, you’ll have to carry a blue flame from its point of origin to the furnace in front of the lab. This might sound easy, but many things can go wrong. In this guide, we’re going to show you how to get blue flame to Hateno & Akkala tech labs in Zelda Breath of the Wild.
Hateno Ancient Tech Lab Blue Flame Quest
You’ll have to solve this problem as part of main story, during the Locked Mementos quest. You’ll need to bring the blue flame to the Hateno Tech Lab entrance in order to start it up. Here are some things you should keep in mind before you start carrying the torch:
- You don’t have to do the whole trip at once. There are lanterns along the way – approach them to set them alight. If your torch goes out, you can return to the last lantern and fire it up again.
- You don’t have to use torches – any wooden weapon will work. For example, a Bokoblin club. The sturdier the weapon, the longer it will last.
- You won’t be able to sprint, since you can’t run with your weapon out.
- The flame will eat away at your weapon – when it runs out of durability, you’ll lose the fire.
Get blue flame to Akkala Ancient Tech Lab
Once Hateno Lab is up and running, Purah will ask you to go to Akkala Ancient Tech Lab and help out the same way you did here. This will start a side quest. Same rules apply as before. There are a couple of key differences, though:
- It rains a lot in this region. Our advice would be to sleep at the inn until you wake up on a sunny day. The flame won’t stand a chance in the rain.
- There are several groups of enemies on the way to the furnace. Since you can neither outrun nor fight them while holding the torch, you’ll have to rely on the lanterns a lot.