Mass Effect Andromeda trial is available to all Origin Access and EA Access subscribers. It allows you to play the game for 10 hours, has multiplayer and a piece of the singleplayer campaign. However, some players are experiencing problems with it. Namely, many people are complaining about getting a blank screen at launch. In this guide, we’re going to show you how to solve Mass Effect Andromeda black screen on startup error, so you can get on with playing.
ME: Andromeda Black Screen at Launch
If you can’t get past the black screen on startup in Mass Effect Andromeda, here’s what you should do:
- If you’re using the Corsair Utility Engine, uninstall it. This alone should fix the problem.
- If the problem persists, here are some other things you could try:
- Alt-tab to get the game to run in a borderless window.
- Install the latest graphics card drivers (use the clean install option if you’re using Nvidia).
- Disable your antivirus, or make an exception for the game.
- Disable the Origin overlay (you can find the option in the client’s settings).
- Make sure the game is fully downloaded and updated. Don’t try to play when the client says it’s playable – let the download finish.
A Corsair employee took to EA’s forums to say they’re working on providing a proper solution, so the issue shouldn’t plague the game after release. For now, if you’re using their software for mouse configuration, you’ll have to do without your custom setup and macros.
In case you find a different workaround, feel free to let us know in the comments. We’re going to update the guide with any new info we find. We’ll also be on the lookout for other erorrs and problems.