Animal Crossing New Horizons Bells is the main type of money, aka currency, in the game which you use to repay your debt to Nook and purchase stuff on the island. However, you might find yourself low on Bells in Animal Crossing New Horizons, especially early on in the game. So, you might be wondering how to get Bells in ACNH. If that question is on your mind, then our How to Make Bells Money Fast in Animal Crossing New Horizons guide is the right place to be.
Animal Crossing New Horizons – How to Get Bells (Money) Fast?
To make Bells (or money) fast in Animal Crossing New Horizons, there are many things you can do; basically anything that you can collect in the game can probably be sold for Bells. You can check the value in Bells of any item by talking with Tommy or Timmy at Nook’s Cranny. Now, the problem here is that a lot of very lucrative methods of earning Bells are not available at the start of the game. So, here’s some of the stuff that you can do.
- Money Rock – Make note of all the large rocks that you come across while exploring the island. One of the already present rocks will become a Money Rock each day (and one that will be the Ore Rock). Every day, make sure to hit every one of the large rocks with your ax or shovel to find which one is the Money Rock. When you find it, keep hitting it by hitting A repeatedly until the stuff stops falling out. Just make sure to dig two holes behind you so that you don’t fly away while hitting.
- High Price Items – Make sure to check in at Nook’s Cranny every day and ask about the High Value Item. It’s gonna be something different each day. If you have that item, or can get it or make it within the day, you absolutely should. Sell it before the day ends, and you’ll earn a fair chunk of Bells.
- Sell Fossils – Fossils can pop up all over the island. Donate the first fossil of a specific type that you come across to the museum, and sell all the duplicates you find. Always get Blathers to appraise them, then sell them at Nook’s Cranny.
- Catch Fish and Bugs – This is also a great source of Bells, especially early on. Try to find bugs and fish that are large and rare, because they’ll net you more money. When it comes to fish, look for the Coelacanth or sharks. As for the beetles, hunt for the Golden Stag or the Horned Hercules. If you don’t know how to make a bait take a look at our guide Fishing in Animal Crossing New Horizons.
- Collect Fruit – Fruit is usually worth around 100 Bells a pop, and Perfect Fruit that you can randomly find are pretty valuable. However, you if you sell fruit at an island where they aren’t native nets you more Bells. So, save at least the Perfect Fruit you come across for when you unlock traveling between islands.
Those are some of the things that you can do every day to earn Bells fast in Animal Crossing New Horizons, especially early on. You should also participate in events such as tournaments, because they reward you with even more Bells. Also, you can play the Stalk Market by buying and selling turnips, if you’re feeling your inner stockbroker.