The March update for Animal Crossing New Horizons is out now, bringing the Easter seasonal event and support for Sanrio items and villagers. It’s an exciting time, and the player base hype is palpable. So, people are wondering how to get the update, as well as how to obtain the Sanrio items. Well, that’s why we’ve put together our Animal Crossing Sanrio Update & Items article to help you out.
How to Update Animal Crossing
To update Animal Crossing to get the new Sanrio and Easter content, first, find the game’s icon on the home screen. Then, press the “+” button. From there, select the Software Update option, and lastly, click “Via the Internet.” That is the system that you can use to manually trigger the update. Under normal circumstances, this whole process happens automatically. Unfortunately, sometimes the console just has a bit of a stroke and forgets to download the latest version of a game. If that ends up happening to you, well, now you know how to fix it. Just highlight the game, hit “+” go to Software Update, and finish with “Via the Internet.”
Sanrio Items Animal Crossing
The Sanrio items in Animal Crossing New Horizons have the theme of Sanrio characters, obviously. If you’re not familiar with the company, they’re behind the likes of Hello Kitty, Aggretsuko, My Melody, Kuromi, etc. They fit the game’s esthetic like a glove.
Now, to get the majority of the really good Sanrio stuff, you’ll have to purchase the appropriate amiibo cards. Scanning each of them gives you the character on the card as a villager, and the pictured furniture. If you already have some of these cards, you can start scanning as soon as you download the update. If not, well, sit tight, because they’re currently out of print. Don’t worry, because there will also be Sanrio stuff in the in-game store to tide you over.
Animal Crossing Sanrio Update Patch Notes
The Sanrio update in Animal Crossing includes more than just the stuff concerning Hello Kitty and company. It also includes bug fixes, the Easter seasonal event, and more. Below, you’ll find the official patch notes, as translated by Animal Crossing World.
- Seasonal event (Easter) has been updated.
- Added support for amiibo card [Sanrio Characters Collaboration].
- The following new mileage redemption items have been added to Tanuport.
- My Design PRO Editor + (App that increases my design storage frame and new patterns)
- My Design Showcase (App that allows you to access the showcase from the My Design app)
- In addition, the following elements have been added.
- Seasonal raccoon shopping items
- Nintendo Switch Online subscription privilege item
- Bug fixes
- From Ver. 1.4.0, fixed the problem that the transformation was not released when the item was picked up and replaced with the stick while the pocket was full while transforming with the stick.
- From Ver. 1.7.0, fixed the bug that it was possible to dig the ground that could not be dug originally by canceling after performing “Imagine” with any kit.
- In addition, we have made adjustments and fixed bugs so that you can play the game comfortably.