Athletics in Cyberpunk 2077 is one of the many skills that you can level up in the game by gathering enough Cyberpunk 2077 Athletics XP. The problem that some people have been encountering with Cyberpunk how to level athletics is that it’s very, very slow. Like, noticeably and miserably so. Fortunately, there are some workarounds that you can use to make things a bit faster, and we’ll list them for you in our Cyberpunk Athletics – Level Up Athletics XP guide. It’s a bummer that you have to use them at all, but, well, that’s just how the cookie crumbles.
Cyberpunk 2077 Athletics
Athletics in Cyberpunk 2077 is a skill tied to the Body attribute, and it regulates the physical capabilities of your character. By that, I mean your stamina, your health, carrying capacity, and health regeneration rate. As you might imagine, these abilities can be useful for pretty much every Cyberpunk build, but especially for highly physical ones. You know, like a brawler or street samurai.
The problem with the Cyberpunk 2077 Athletics skill is that it levels up relatively slowly. Normally, it increases by sprinting, jumping, climbing, swimming, and using melee weapons. For some, it might be a bug of some sort, but even if it isn’t, it can still be pretty slow. So, let’s go over some methods that you can use to farm Cyberpunk 2077 Athletics XP fast.
Cyberpunk Level Athletics
To level Athletics in Cyberpunk fast, there are several things that you can exploit, and we’re going to list them below. Feel free to mix and match them when possible; that’s a perfectly viable strategy, too. I’ve made the list from fastest to slowest method, but again, your mileage may vary depending on your overall character build.
- Get a Berserk operating system at a ripperdoc, and install the Kereznikov reflex booster in your nervous system. Enter Berserk Mode and spam Dodge and/or hit a wall with Gorilla Arms. Rinse and repeat. The Kerezinkov and Gorilla Arms are optional, but they do help. You can get the Zetatech Berserk Mk.5 OS at a ripperdoc in Kabuki, but any similar OS will do, as long as you have the Body score. You can also use the time skip to fast-forward through the cooldown.
- During the Beat on the Brat side job chain, you’ll meet a fighter called Rhino. You can fight against them, throw the match before winning, and then jump into a rematch pretty much immediately. Again, rinse and repeat as much as you want.
- Stand in some corner where you can’t hurt anyone, and wave your melee weapon around until your stamina depletes completely. Wait for your stamina to refill, then start flailing again.
- Find doors to force open. Given the option to hack a door or pry it open with your bare hands, always go for the latter when you can. Besides, it’s a much cooler entrance that way.
- Go swimming. Sure, it’s slower than some of the other options that we’ve mentioned, but it is better than climbing, jumping and/or running.
So, there you have it, those are some of the methods that you can use to level your Cyberpunk 2077 Athletics XP. You know, aside from waiting for a future patch to balance things out a bit. If you have any preferred methods of your own, feel free to share them with us in the comments.
If you need help with anything else in the game, we have guides for you to check out. For example, if you don’t know how to remove the virus from the chip and find the Militech Datashard correct cack sequence we can help. Or, can you save Jackie in Cyberpunk 2077? We'll also help with your first Cyberpunk 2077 braindance during the Information quest.