Fans of the DOOM remaster have a lot to look forward to. Bethesda is preparing what they’ve dubbed the “‘ultimate’ DOOM experience.” The new update 6.66 brings many fixes to multiplayer and SnapMap, but that’s far from everything. All the paid multiplayer DLCs have been unlocked for everyone. On top of that, Bethesda is offering a free weekend for DOOM, so that everyone who hasn’t tried it out yet can have a chance to give it a spin without spending a dime.
DOOM Free Weekend Dates & Times
Here are the dates and times when the DOOM free weekend will start on your platform of choice. PlayStation 4 players will have to wait the longest.
Steam Free Weekend
- Start: 12PM CT on Thursday 7/20
- End: 3PM CT on Sunday 07/23
Xbox Free Weekend
- Start: 11am CT on Thursday 07/20
- End: 11pm CT on Sunday 07/23.
PS4 Free Weekend
- Start: 11am CT on Thursday 07/27
- End: 11pm CT on Sunday 07/30.
Patch Notes from DOOM Update 6.66
Update 6.66 brings a ton of fixes for Multiplayer and SnapMap. More importantly, it unlocks all of the multiplayer DLCs (Unto the Evil, Hell Followed, Bloodfall) for all to play. It also resets all of the multiplayer progress. Have no fear, you can opt to keep all of the stuff you’ve unlocked or bought, such as guns, equipment, demons and customization options. Alternatively, you can choose to start afresh with a clean slate. Veteran DOOM players will also receive a special badge to mark them as such.
Here are the full patch notes from DOOM Update 6.66.
- Fixed an issue where textures appeared to glow on the player’s character.
- Fixed an issue in Multiplayer where players would respawn frozen at the beginning of a Freeze Tag round.
- Fixed an issue in Multiplayer where parts of the player model appeared transparent in some circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where players would disconnect from a match under certain conditions.
- Fixed an issue in Infernal Run where picking up the ball when out of ammo would cause problems with passing or receiving the ball.
- Fixed an issue with the Multiplayer Challenge “Aimbot Hax” where Reaper Longshots would not count towards challenge completion.
- Fixed an issue in Multiplayer with inconsistent power item spawns on Outbreak.
- Added rotate on XYZ axis to the Grab Object manipulate controls
- Added setting to remove network limitation on single player only maps.
- Resolved various freeze and crash bugs.
- Fixed various matchmaking and lobby issues.
- Fixed visual bugs that result from combining specific HUD elements
- Fixed various freezes and crashes with using Campaign Model.
- Fixed coop crash with Bob and Rotate settings.
- Fixed bug that caused AI to run into blocking volumes set to Block Demons and AI Sight.
- Improved collision issues causing AI to partially fall into blocking volumes set to Block Demons.
For more information, you can check out the announcement post on the Bethesda official website.