Rise of The Horde is the upcoming update for Gears of War 4. The developers say it’s the biggest one yet – it’s going to bring with 15 Horde Skills (3 for every class), loot drops, Level 6 skills, some balancing changes and more difficulty levels. It’s coming June 6th, and it’s going to be free for all owners of the game. There’s a trailer for it, showcasing all the additions.
All of the skills, both old and new, can now be upgraded to level six. The new abilities should allow you to specialize in more ways. Every class is getting three:
- Flow – Take reduced damage while repairing fortifications
- Overclock – Increase weapon locker ammo refresh rate
- Salvage – Enemies killed by your sentries have a chance of dropping ammo
- Thick Skin – Take reduced damage from explosions
- Berserker – Deal more damage as you lose health, if you’re carrying a heavy weapon
- Last Stand – Take less damage as you lose health, if you’re carrying a heavy weapon
- Dodge – Take reduced damage while roadie running
- Speed Loader – Roadie running will reload your equipped weapon automatically with Active Reload rounds
- Cloak – Being stationary and in cover for seconds will cloak you. If you shoot or leave cover, the cloak disappears. Shooting while cloaked will provide a damage bonus.
- Steady Hand – Take less damage when aiming
- Magic Bullet – Critical hits with precision weapons pierce enemies. Damage is increased for every pierced enemy.
- Called Shot – Mark targets to make them take more damage from everyone
- Siphon – Enemies killed with planted grenades drop more powerr
- Resupply – Regenerate grenades over time
- Assault Rifle Accuracy – While shooting from cover, assault rifles get more accurate the longer you shoot
You’ll be able to get these skills by defeating bosses in Horde Matchmaking. Waves 30, 40 and 50 will have a chance to reward you with the new abilities. To top it off, the devs are adding two more difficulty settings – inconceivable and ironman. The former is just a step up in difficulty, while the later restarts the game when you die.