Warcraft 3 Reforged is the remastered version of the twenty year old classic RTS. It was released today, and to say a lot of people are unhappy with it would be quite an understatement. There are reports of poor performance, a number of folks aren’t happy with the way it looks, and there have been some pretty insidious changes to the terms of service, along with ample feature cuts. It’s no wonder a bunch of folks want their money back, but getting it is not as straightforward as it should be. If you’re having trouble with the Kafkaesque process of returning the unsatisfactory goods and getting your money back, this guide will show you how to refund Warcraft 3 Reforged.
How to refund WC3 remaster? None of your orders are eligible for refund
The most common problem people have is that the support site says there are no orders eligible for refund. Despite that, lots of folks would still like to ask for one. Here’s how to get around it and ask for a Warcraft 3 Reforged refund:
- Go to Blizzard’s support website.
- Select Warcraft 3 Reforged from the list of games, then click the “contact support” button in the upper right corner.
- Select the “I would rather categorize the issue” option below the text box. Select “payments”, then “request a refund”.
- Press continue. At this point, your WC3 Reforged purchase should appear. If it does, simply select it an complete the request. If not, click the “I still need help” button.
- Now you can either try the live chat, if it’s open, or send a web ticket. If you’re sending a ticket, you’ll need to enter the order number, which you can find here. All that’s left is to describe your issue and hope for the best.
It’s still up to Blizzard whether they accept your request or not, but you have nothing to lose by trying. From what we’ve heard, they seem to be looking at the time you’ve logged in the game, as well as the date of purchase. Those who have preordered when the option first became available are having a harder time getting their money back than those who’ve bought it today.