The new DLC for Guild Wars 2, Icebrood Saga Episode 2, is now out for everyone, along with a trailer that touts all the new content waiting inside. Among other stuff, it includes an expansion to the Bjora Marches map, a new world boss called Drakkar, a new armor and weapon set, a new strike mission, and more.
Guild Wars 2 players, rejoice! The new episode of the Icebrood saga is now available for all of you lovely people. The new DLC expands the scope of the Northern Shiverpeaks, and introduces a terrifying new world boss, Drakkar, for you to conquer. On top of that, there’s a number of brand new activities and expanded systems that the devs originally introduced in Episode 1. Naturally, we also got a trailer for the DLC that “gives a glimpse of the challenges ahead, and the first steps on the road that leads to player ally Braham’s prophetic destiny.”
So, what exactly can you expect from the second episode of Icebrood Saga? Well, the press release details it pretty well, step by step. So, let’s go over the points together, shall we?
- An expansion to the Bjora Marches, which effectively doubles the size of the map from Episode 1, with new areas to explore and rewards to earn.
- New tiers for both the Raven Attunement and Essence Manipulation mastery tracks.
- A brand new strike mission, where you’ll have to fight against the whispers in your minds and whatever dark powers behind them might lie.
- The Trials of Koda, which is a “series of new rotating, multi-tiered map events with unique achievements.”
- A new and upgradable third tier of the Ancient Boreal weapon set, seen in the picture below.
- A new Raven armor set, which was reserved for NPCs until now, and which you can also see in the image below.
- Last, but not least, the new world boss, Drakkar. This champion of Jormag been locked under Lake Drakkar for centuries, and is back with a vengeance.
So, there you have it. That’s what you can expect from the second episode of Guild Wars 2: Icebrood Saga. Oh, and as an added bonus, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire is now 33% off, and you can purchase it here. And, if you’re still on the fence, then check out the trailer for Shadow in the Ice below; I think it’ll do a good job of whetting your appetite.