Bandit hideouts are a type of location in Mount & Blade 2 Bannerlord. You’ll encounter one during the dragon banner collecting quest in the main story. They’re hovels populated by bandits – that much is obvious. In order to clear them, you’ll have to murder everyone inside. The problem is that you can only bring a handful of troops with you, and you’ll be greatly outnumbered most of the time. Thankfully, there are ways to turn the tides, and we’re going to show you some of them in our Bannerlord bandits hideouts tips guide.
How to bring your best troops?
When you wait until nightfall to infiltrate the hideout, you’ll only bring eight troops with you. The game just grabs the first eight units from the top of your party screen. You’ll want to bring your best soldiers to these outings, so just drag them to the top of the list before you engage.
How to clear bandit hideout?
The hideouts are hideously unbalanced right now, and you’ll have to engage in some cheesy behaviour to clear them out. Here’s what we recommend:
- Lower your difficulty setting to easy or very easy. Seriously.
- Bandits will usually be scattered in groups – engage these one by one.
- Use a big shield – it will effectively protect you from projectiles like arrows and javelins.
- If there’s too many of them, you could wait outside for a raiding party to leave, then attack. You can deal with the raiding party out in the open.
- Kill some, then retreat. Once you attack again, the ones you already killed won’t respawn. You can retreat by standing in the red area for 10 seconds.
- If you’re using a ranged weapon, make sure you switch it before engaging the boss. Once the duel starts, you’ll want to be ready to fight immediately.