The official NBA 2K17 All-Star tournament begins on December 31st and ends at the NBA All-Star Game in New Orleans in February. The winning team will take home 250 000 dollars and tickets to the NBA All-Star Game at the Smoothie King Center. All pro-am teams that have reached Elite level or above are eligible to participate. Keep in mind that the tournament is intended for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players only; unfortunately, PC players cannot participate.
The tournament will feature five qualifying rounds and teams will be able to play in any of the qualifying rounds. Here is the schedule :
- Qualifying Round 1: Saturday Dec. 31, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. PT
- Qualifying Round 2: Saturday Jan. 7, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. PT
- Qualifying Round 3: Saturday Jan. 14, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. PT
- Qualifying Round 4: Saturday Jan. 21, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. PT
- Qualifying Round 5: Saturday Jan. 28, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. PT
The three teams with the highest point totals on each day will qualify for the tournament.After getting into the Final 16 of the tournament, the tournament moves into the quarterfinals, and in the end into the final game. Games will be played at:
- Rounds 1 and 2: Saturday Feb. 4, 12 p.m.- 5 p.m. PT
- Console Semifinals and Finals: Saturday Feb. 11, 12 p.m.- 4 p.m. PT
The good news is that there is also a Wild Card spot for each console. The team on each console that has the highest single game day score across all five qualifying rounds, but did not qualify, will get into the top 16 teams of the All-Star tournament.
Start practicing with your friends and compete against the best teams in the world. Even if you are not that well prepared for the tournament, I suggest you try out. You can never be certain when it comes to basketball, and maybe you are the one that will take home the grand prize.
We wish you the best of luck in the tournament!