VC is the main currency in NBA 2K18. You’ll need it for a lot of stuff – buying new gear (like jerseys and shoes), getting a different haricut, upgrading your stats and more. It’s gold, basically, and you need as much as you can get. Sadly, each game in the series keeps getting more and more stingy with virtual currency, and this one is no exception. It’s notoriously hard to get. In this guide, we’re going to share some tips on how to get VC fast in NBA 2K18.
How to earn VC?
If you want to earn VC, simply keep playing. Most of the stuff you can do in the game will earn you some ammount of it. Some things will net you more, naturally. Here’s our advice:
- Milk the endorsements in MyCareer as much as you can. Never say no to a brand. It may not be much, but it’s free money.
- Use the phone app daily. You’ll get 500 VC per game and a paltry daily login bonus of 100. There are no more bonuses of the kind we used to have before, but it’s still a decent way to make something on the side.
- Play on the lowest difficulty. Difficulty multipliers aren’t a thing anymore, so you don’t need to sweat it.
- Be frugal. Save money on customization if you’re chasing upgrades.
- We haven’t had the chance to test this one out yet, but previous games would reward you with VC even when you let two CPU players duke it out in MyLeague. It’s worth a shot, since you don’t actually have to do anything.
If all else fails, you can use really money to buy VC from the in-game store. We’d advise against it, though – you’ve already paid for the game, you shouldn’t spend more on it to actually enjoy it.