NBA 2K18 is getting a companion mobile app, called MyNBA2K18. It will come with several features allowing players to interact with the game on the go. You’ll also have the option to scan your face with your mobile device. The cover icon of the app will be Kristaps Porzingis, the star of the New York Knicks.
2K Games has announced the icon cover athlete for the NBA 2K18 companion mobile app, MyNBA2K18. It will be Kristaps Porzingis of the New York Knicks. Porzingis himself seems pretty stoked about being featured so prominently in NBA 2K18, saying:
I’m thrilled to have been selected as the cover for MyNBA2K18 and to help deliver the ultimate mobile experience for NBA 2K fans. It’s awesome to be recognized by such an iconic brand after just a couple years playing in the league.
As for the app itself, it will, as you’d expect, allow you to interact with the game in several ways. Probably the most interesting feature is that the mobile app will allow you to scan your face and insert it in NBA 2K18 on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4. You’ll also be able to complete daily objectives and team logins, earn virtual currency, and so on. Here’s the full list of stuff that the MyNBA2K18 app will let you do.
- Integration with NBA 2K18:
- Facial Scanning with your mobile device to get YOU in NBA 2K18 on PS4 and Xbox One
- Earn Virtual Currency daily
- Shop for console items while on the go from expanded MyPLAYER Store
- Watch 2KTV any time from your device
- Many ways to play with Quick Game, Playoff, and PVP game modes
- Daily Objectives – complete each day for in-game rewards
- Team Login Incentives – Login daily to earn team packs to distribute to teammates
- Over 300 new cards for the NBA’s 2017-2018 season
NBA 2K18 is coming out on September 19th, 2017. You’ll be able to play it on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PC, and the Nintendo Switch.