Fae Iron is a special type of iron that you can get in New World. And though, as you can see in our New World Iron Locations guide, regular iron is plentiful and appears in many locations, Fae Iron is a whole other matter entirely. This is further complicated by the fact that Fae Iron is a necessary material for crafting many powerful and useful items. Meaning that you will definitely want to get some of this crafting resource. To help you find and mine this ore with greater efficiency, we’ve come up with this How to Get Fae Iron – New World guide.
Where to Find Fae Iron New World
You can find Fae Iron by mining Iron Veins. Usually, you would only get regular Iron Ore from mining Iron Veins, but there is always the chance that it will drop Fae Iron instead. However, the actual odds of getting it like this are very low. Luckily, Iron Veins are plentiful enough that you will get some Fae Iron in time just by mining normally. Though, as we’ll see in the next section, there is are ways to improve your odds of mining Fae Iron instead of regular Iron Ore.
How to Improve Fae Iron Drop Rate New World
The most reliable way to improve the drop rate of Fae Iron is to increase your Mining Luck. This is a perk that you will get when you, for example, craft new gear. However, a better way to increase the chances of getting Fae Iron is to use special food items. These will also increase your Mining Luck, but with a greater bonus. Here are the recipes of the food that you can use to temporarily increase your Mining Luck:
- Roasted Potatoes. You can make this foodstuff with Potatoes, Butter, and Peppercorn. It requires Level 1 cooking at a Tier 2 kitchen. Roasted Potatoes increase your Mining Luck for 1000 for 20 minutes.
- Herb-Roasted Potatoes. You can make this foodstuff with Potatoes, Honey, Butter, and Cinnamon. It requires Level 5 cooking at a Tier 2 kitchen. Herb-Roasted Potatoes increase your Mining Luck for 1400 for 25 minutes.
- Boiled Potatoes. You can make this foodstuff with Cauliflower, Butter, Seasoning Blend, Water, and Potatoes. It requires Level 20 cooking at a Tier 3 kitchen. Boiled Potatoes increase your Mining Luck for 1700 for 30 minutes.
- Poultry With Roasted Potatoes. You can make this foodstuff with Butter, Potatoes, Sausage, Nut, Seasoning Blend, and Poultry. It requires Level 40 cooking at a Tier 4 kitchen. Poultry With Roasted Potatoes increase your Mining Luck for 1900 for 35 minutes.
- Salted Roasted Vegetables. You can make this foodstuff with Oregano, Parsley, Butter, Salt, Nut, Squash, and Potatoes. It requires Level 60 cooking at a Tier 5 kitchen. Salted Roasted Vegetables increase your Mining Luck for 2000 for 40 minutes.