Th real-time strategy game Ancestors had its first gameplay reveal. The trailer footage is taken from the current PC build, and it was played with a gamepad, as the game features full controller support. Take a glimpse at more than 600 vicious combat animations.
The game was heavily influenced by events in Medieval Europe, and is historically accurate. In Ancestors, you take control over the army of one of four nations: Vikings, Anglo-Saxons, Germans or Slavs. Your army depends on you, as you take them through a series of campaigns.
To emerge as a victor from the fights, players can use the environment to their advantage, manage their temporary bases and settlements, and more. You’ll do so by combining resource management and base building. It heavily leans on large-scale, squad-based battles across vast battlefields. More than 600 game animations can play out, depending not only on the weapon the unit is using, but also the opponent’s weapons, the state of both units, and more.
Ancestors was developed by Destructive Creations. The team’s first game was Hatred, survival top-down shooter, released back in June 2015, and IS Defense, an on-rails shooter, released in April 2016. 1C is the game’s publisher; they have a rich history, dating back to 1991 when they were founded.
- 4 playable nations in an extensive single player campaign inspired by historical events.
- Advanced tactical options combining the use of terrain, experience and morale.
- Cinematic battle camera view puts you right in the center of the action.
- Outstanding visual fidelity powered by Unreal Engine 4.
- Intense multiplayer battles.
- Streamlined resource management and village construction.
- Precise controls with native gamepad support.
The release date for Ancestors is planned for 2018, on PC and Xbox One. You can find more about the game on its Steam page, official page, YouTube channel, and more.