Overwatch Hero Doomfist Now Playable, New Patch is Live
Overwatch players can now finally play as Doomfist in the full game. The new hero has been in PTR testing for a while, and he has finally rolled out for everyone. Along with him, Blizzard also launched a new update for Overwatch. Among other things, it brings tweaks to several characters. More importantly, it decreases the number of Loot Box duplicates and allows players to generate their own highlights.
At long last, the long-awaited new Overwatch hero Doomfist has made his way to the full game, after being on PTR servers for several weeks. He’s a character for the offensive, and pretty much everything about him revolves around his legendary gauntlet. Basically, his main strategy is to punch enemies into next week. Of course, there’s a lot more to him, and skilled players will certainly quickly build their own devastating play styles.
Along with Doomfist, Overwatch got a new update. The main draw of this new update is that it reduces duplicates in Overwatch Loot Boxes. It also allows players to save up to 32 custom highlights before offloading them into the media library. It also introduces tweaks to several heroes, which we’ve listed below. To check out the full patch notes, head over to the official Overwatch website.
- Defense Matrix – New sound effects and voice lines have been added, indicating when Defense Matrix has absorbed an enemy’s ultimate ability
- Deflect – New sound effects and voice lines have been added, indicating when an enemy’s ultimate ability has been deflected
- Flashbang – Stunned targets are now slowed heavily, meaning they’re less likely to escape while stunned (especially while in the air)
- Shadow Step – Sound effect and VO distance has been reduced by 50%
- Rocket Hammer – Swing speed increased by 10%
- Graviton Surge – Now disables mobility abilities on all affected targets
Blizzard also released a new trailer for Doomfist, showing off his devastating moves. It also features narration by Doomfist himself, which helps us understand his character a little better. You can check it out below.