The new Counter-Strike 1.6 update brings a lot of fixes, according to the patch notes. This update comes almost four years after the previous one. Someone was rather busy at Valve, as this is not the only their older game that got some fixes on July 10, 2017.
Counter-Strike 1.6 July 2017 Patch Notes
The rare updates, as usual, are always first shown in the Steam News section.
- Fixed crash when entering certain malformed strings into the game console. Thanks to Marshal Webb from BackConnect, Inc for reporting this.
- Fixed crash when loading a specially crafted malformed BSP file. Thanks to Grant Hernandez (@Digital_Cold) for reporting this.
- Fixed malformed SAV files allowing arbitrary files to be written into the game folder. Thanks to Vsevolod Saj for reporting this.
- Fixed a crash when quickly changing weapons that are consumable. Thanks to Sam Vanheer for reporting this.
- Fixed crash when setting custom decal.
- Make sure the Close button has keyboard focus when you see the disconnection dialog.
- Disable showing of popup html windows.
- Made the play command obey speak_enabled cvar.
- Fixed being unable to pickup a primary weapon if you had an ammox box object previously stip you of items.
- Fixed room type not being updated on map change/connect.
- Fixed out of date information showing in the scoreboard after level change or changing servers.
- Fixed the spectator UI to not show a placeholder name when initially shown.
- Fixed sprays not loading from the correct path causing them not to update.
- Fixed the Condition Zero tours UI to display the tour number correctly when you have more than 9 entries.
- Fixed crash if you issued a changelevel command on a local server while certain UI elements were visible.
There is something strange going on in Valve, as there is another patch for their older games. A Team Fortress Classic and Half Life update came out of the blue, just like the Counter-Strike 1.6 one.