Diablo 3 patch 2.6.0 is now live on all platforms and in all regions. The main features the update brings are the challenge rifts (a special type of Nephalem Rift), new zones and The Rise of the Necromancer pack. The pack features a new hero, new cosmetics, a pet, a pennant, new banner designs and more.
Diablo III 2.6 patch notes
The patch is rather hefty, and the full changelog has been posted on the official page. The full list of items included in the Necromancer Pack is not listed here. Here are some highlights from the patch notes:
New Class: Necromancer
- As a master of the dark arts, you wield the powers of life and death necessary to restore the Balance! Necromancers are powerful spell casters who lay waste to their enemies using curses and reanimation—along with an obedient cadre of pets. This new class employs a controlled gameplay style using the raw materials of life: blood and bone.
- Note: This class is available through the Rise of the Necromancer pack.
New Items for the Necromancer
- Over 30 new Legendary items have been added for the Necromancer class, along with four class-exclusive sets featuring unique themes. Set dungeons have also been added for each of the new sets, providing you new opportunities to test your mettle.
New Feature: Challenge Rifts
- Explore new builds created by your fellow players in a weekly static dungeon! You can access these through the main screen, similar to Adventure Mode and Campaign Mode.
New Zones: The Moors & The Temple of the Firstborn
- The fog-enshrouded Moors and the darkened Temple of the Firstborn can be explored in Adventure Mode through a new waypoint on the Act 2 map.
New Bounties: Realms of Fate
- Four new Waypoints have appeared in Adventure Mode. Each one has bounties to complete. These Realms of Fate are the unintended consequences of the battle between the nephalem and Diablo in the High Heavens.
Some of the changes not listed on this page include work on legendary items, class sets and a legendary Zei’s Stone of Vengeance gem. There’s also new info about set dungeons, greater rifts, various bug fixes, achievements, monsters and other quality of life improvements, like the one where Witch Doctor Gargantuans now destroy breakables they step on.
The challenge rifts were announced earlier, when they were explained in great detail.
The new patch had an interesting launch night on Twitch, where people watched footage of a chair for almost 24 hours. The countdown timer in the corner made waiting a bit less painful, and the rich scenery had some effect as well.