The new brain child of Rock Band and Dance Central creators, Harmonix Music Systems, now has a set release date. FUSER is coming out on November 10th, and it’ll be available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch. If you’ve ever wanted to step into the shoes of a DJ on a massive festival, mixing and matching elements from different popular songs, now you can set a reminder on your calendar.
For those of you that are unfamiliar with the concept of FUSER, let’s get you up to speed. As I’ve said above, the concept is that you’re a DJ at a festival. You have a library of popular songs at your disposal, and you mix the different elements to create “songs” of your own. So, for example, you can take the bass line from Bad Guy by Billie Eilish, the drums from Thrift Shop by Macklemore, and the vocals from Cheap Thrills by Sia, etc. You can find a list of features below, as outlined by the creators.
- Play with a library of over 100 songs including tracks from the world’s top artists
- Complete challenges to unlock new skills and content in Campaign play
- Explore, discover and create incredible mixes and custom effects in Freestyle play
- Collaborate or Compete in Multiplayer with players from around world
- Customization options to tailor the look and feel to your unique individual style
- Share your inspired mixes and mind-blowing performances in-game and online
So, there you go. We should also mention that you can play FUSER in co-op with up to four players. It will have language support for English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese. If all this sounds like your jam (see what I did there), prepare yourself for November 10th. God knows we could use a little bit of levity these days.