After spending around a year in Early Access, Starpoint Gemini 3 is ready for it’s full launch. According to the game’s creators, Little Green Men Games, it’s going to launch on October 14th. To go along with the announcement, the developers have released a teaser trailer that shows of some gameplay but, more importantly, aims to sell you on the game’s attitude, what with the industrial metal and all.
For our readers that are unfamiliar with Starpoint Gemini 3, allow me to illuminate you. The game is a sci-fi RPG in which you and your crew explore the stars, complete missions, upgrade your ship, and get into all kinds of capers and hijinks. You can find a list of features below, as outlined on the Steam page.
- The largest game universe in the Starpoint Gemini series spanning three different planetary systems
- Adrenaline-pumping, action-packed space combat that allows distinct play-styles and on-the-fly weapon switching
- A complete set of RPG skills to boost the player’s capabilities
- Modular ship upgrading system
- Crafting system that allows the player to create new items and weapons to sell or use
- A variety of available activities including mining valuable materials and exploring the vast universe
- A unique chance to explore the shocking truth about the other imperial colonies and the fate of alien races
- A large variety of characters with unique personalities, different questlines and factions
- An engaging storyline written by Darko Macan, an official writer for numerous Star Wars and Marvel comics
- A unique digital companion, ADAH, that assist the player in uncovering Bold’s shady origins
- Detailed interiors on different planets; visit them all!
If that list sounds good to you, maybe give Starpoint Gemini 3 a gander. There’s also a brand new teaser trailer for you to check out below. Admittedly, it is a little too edgy for my taste, but it does paint a picture of what the game’s trying to do. Plus, you get to see some gameplay footage.