Lego City Undercover is finally out on most platforms, after years of WiiU exclusivity. You can play it on pretty much anything now. Sadly, it isn’t really working as it should be. The load times are still awful, and there’s a plethora of other problems that are stopping people from enjoying the game. In this guide, we’re going to show you a list of Lego City Undercover errors & problems, how to fix or avoid them.
Can’t change resolution in Lego City Undercover
Many players are reporting being unable to change their screen resolution in-game. The easiest way to fix this is by editing (or creating) a config file. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment\LEGO City Undercover
- Open pcconfig.txt in Notepad. If the file doesn’t exist, create it and paste this inside.
- Set your desired resolution by changing the ScreenWidth/ScreenHeight and WindowWidth/WindowHeight variables.
- Save the file and start the game.
Black screen on start in Lego City Undercover
A lot of players are being unable to start the game, getting a black screen after startup. They report being able to hear the audio, but having no image. There’s no sure way to fix this, but there are a couple of things you could try:
- Use the above method to set resolution and graphics settings.
- Install DirectX and vcredist from the game’s folder (steamapps/common/LEGO City Undercover/_CommonRedist/).
- Reinstall the game.
Mouse not working in Lego City Undercover
Sadly, the game doesn’t have any built-in mouse support. It’s meant to be played with a gamepad – if you don’t have one, you can use the following keys to look around:
- P – up
- ; – down
- L – left
- ‘ – right
Lego City Undercover controller support
Although the game is definitely meant to be played with a gamepad, some people are having problems getting theirs to work. It seems like the game doesn’t play nicely with controllers other than Steam, Xbox and Dualshock ones. Using a key-mapping tool like X360CE or Joy2Key might help, but there’s no guarantee.
There have been reports of being unable to let player 1 use a gamepad instead of the keyboard. You could try unplugging the keyboard before you start the game, so that the only input method it has is the controller.