Nintendo Direct was a real treat for fans everywhere. Among other things, a whole host of upcoming Nintendo Switch and 3DS games and launch titles were announced. The list includes Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Arms, Splatoon 2, Payday 2 and many, many others.
This year’s Nintendo Direct has ended, and most Nintendo fans are probably still sorting their impressions of the event. There’s a lot of stuff in store for them in 2017. A ton of new games are coming both for the Switch and the 3DS, as well as a whole bunch of new Amiibos for Zelda, Splatoon, Smash Bros. and other games. Nintendo also announced neon-yellow Joy-Cons and battery packs for the Switch’s controllers.
Among the many games that were announced for both consoles, a few do stick out. Splatoon 2 seems to be one of the stars of the show. The game is getting three new Amiibos and a whole new mode called Salmon Run! Of course, many people are also excited about the other games. Below are lists of Nintendo Switch and 3DS titles that were announced during this year’s Nintendo Direct.
- Puyo Puyo Tetris – April 25
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – April 28
- Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition – May 11
- Disgaea 5 Complete – May 23
- Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers – May 26
- Arms – June 16
- Splatoon 2 – July 21
- Fate/Extella – July 25
- Namco Museum – coming out this summer
- Sine Mora EX – coming out this summer
- BattleChasers: Nightwar – coming out in late summer
- Sonic Forces – coming out this holiday season
- Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition – coming out later this year
- Payday 2 – coming out later this year
- Bye-Bye BoxBoy – already on eShop
- Team Kirby Crash Deluxe – already on eShop
- Ever Oasison – June 23
- RPG Maker Fes – June 27
- Hey! Pikmin – July 28
- Culdcept Revolt – August 29
- Kirby’s Blowout Blast – available on eShop this summer
- Monster Hunter Stories – coming out this fall
- Yo-Kai Watch 2: Psychic Specters coming out this fall
- Miitopia – coming out later this year
Looking at this list, one has to wonder what Nintendo is still keeping up their sleeve for E3.