The console versions of Stardew Valley got an update to version 1.2. The primary purpose of the update is localization. The game is now available in seven different languages: English, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Japanese and Simplified Chinese. On top of that, the patch also brings several bug fixes and controller improvements.
Players of Stardew Valley on consoles got a new update for their version of the game. Update 1.2 is pretty much the same thing as version 1.2.29 is for the PC version. The main thing this update brings to the console version of Stardew Valley is the option to play in seven different languages. Apart from English, you can now play the game in German, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese and Simplified Chinese.
The update also brings some adjustments to controllers and a fair amount of bug fixes. You can check out the full patch notes below.
- Translations for German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Japanese and Simplified Chinese.
- When using a controller, the cursor will snap between menu buttons by default. If you disable that, the cursor will instead accelerate while moving.
- When using a controller, pressing the back button will skip events that are skippable.
- Wallpapers and floors no longer have a tile placement indicator showing a random object
- Increased stability of preference-saving code.
- Fixed a crash that can happen when a pig tries to spawn a truffle but there’s no space for it.
- Fixed a couple of rare crashes that could have occurred at any time during the game.
- Fixed a typo of the word “pronounce” in the marriage event.
- Fixed the player not getting the recipe for Cookies if they skip Evelyn’s event.
- Farming level now affects crop yield prior to level 10.
- Fixed crashes while loading save files.
- Fixed crashes while saving due to slay-monster quest.
- Minor performance improvements on the farm. (Console Specific)
- Miscellaneous audio fixes. (Console Specific)
- Removed achievements tab from collection window (Console Specific).