Figuring out how to build the best team for the Evolution Cup in Pokemon GO Season 12 Battle League can be a little tricky. This is because there are a handful of Pokemon that are clearly going to define the meta. So, the question is, do you go the same route as everyone or do you focus more on having answers to the meta leaders. In this guide, we are going to try and help you out.
Best Pokemon for Evolution Cup in Pokemon GO
The best Pokemon to use for the Pokemon GO Season 12 Evolution Cup team need to meet two requirements. The first one is that they need to be at or below 1500 CP. Requirement #2 is that you can only use Pokemon that have evolved at least once, but can evolve again. So, middle evolutions. With that in mind, here’s a list of Pokemon that should work really well in this meta.
- Vigoroth with Counter and Body Slam or Bulldoze
- Zweilous with Dragon Breath and Body Slam or Dark Pulse
- Hakamo-o with Dragon Tail and Dragon Claw or Brick Break
- Dragonair (Shadow or regular) with Dragon Breath and Body Slam or Aqua Tail
- Machoke (Shadow or regular) with Karate Chop and Cross Chop or Dynamic Punch
- Golbat (ideally Shadow) with Wing Attack and Poison Fang or Shadow Ball
- Dusclops (ideally Shadow) with Hex and Ice Punch or Shadow Punch
- Sealeo (Shadow or regular) with Powder Snow and Body Slam or Aurora Beam
- Nidorina with Poison Sting and Poison Fang or Thunderbolt
- Chansey with Zen Headbutt and Dazzling Gleam or Psychic
- Piloswine with Powder Snow and Avalanche or Bulldoze
- Haunter with Shadow Claw and Ice Punch or Shadow Ball
Pokemon GO Evolution Cup Best Team
Now, as for the best teams to use in the Pokemon GO Evolution Cup, things are a little complicated. Normally, here is where we would give you a list of several team options, but this time, we’ll do it a bit differently. Why? Because Vigoroth and dragon types are going to be the heart and soul of this meta; there rest are almost at the point of decorations. So, instead, we are just going to give you a few tips.
You are going to want to have answers to Vigoroth, first off. Another Vigoroth can do really well here, as well as Machoke. Also, you might need an answer to a Dragon-type, which is where having a Fairy-type might come in handy. So, all in all, I think a great combot might be Vigoroth, Chansey and Zweilous, or Vigoroth, Hakamo-o and, say, Golbat. Feel free to share your team build ideas in the comments.