Pokemon GO Genesect Shock Drive Raid Guide
In our Pokemon GO Genesect Shock Drive Raid guide, we are going to tell you what its major weakness is and which Pokemon are the best counters to use. It will be in five-star Raid Battles from May 2nd to May 9th at 10 AM local time. So, you have a week to defeat and catch as many of them as you can. So, here we go!
Pokemon GO Genesect with Shock Drive Weakness
The biggest weakness of Shock Drive Genesect in Pokemon GO is Fire. These attacks deal 256% damage. On the other hand, Genesect is resistant to a startling number of types: Normal, Bug, Psychic, Steel, Ice, Fairy and Dragon attacks deal 63% damage. Grass and Poison do only 39%. So, long story short, stick to Fire and melt the sucker into nothing.
As for Genesect’s moveset, the Shock Drive version can have Fury Cutter (Bug) and Metal Claw (Steel) as Quick Moves and Magnet Bomb (Steel), X-Scissor (Bug), Zap Cannon (Electric) and Techno Blast (Electric, Elite) as Charged Moves. The best combinations to go with both include either Metal Claw or Fury Cutter as the Quick and Techno Blast or Magnet Bomb as the Charged. It offers many useful options is what I’m saying.
Pokemon GO Genesect Shock Drive Counters
As we’ve said up to, the best counters to use against the Shock Drive Genesect in Pokemon GO are Fire-types. The more powerful, the better. In the list below, we are going to give you a whole bunch of options that should work a treat.
- Blaziken (Mega or Shadow) with Fire Spin and Blast Burn
- Reshiram with Fire Fang and Fusion Flare
- Mega Charizard (X or Y) with Fire Spin and Blast Burn
- Ho-Oh (Shadow if possible) with Incinerate and Sacred Fire+
- Entei (Shadow or regular) with Fire Fang and Overheat
- Chandelure with Fire Spin and Overheat
- Darmantian (any) with Fire Fang and Overheat
- Heatran with Fire Spin and Fire Blast
- Mega Houndoom with Fire Fang and Fire Blast
- Mega Salamence with Fire Fang and Fire Blast
- Primal Groudon with Mud Shot and Fire Punch
- Moltres with Fire Spin and Overheat
- Volcarona with Fire Spin and Overheat
- Flareon with Fire Spin and Overheat