We’ve put together our Pokemon GO Heatran Weakness, Counters & Moveset guide in order to help you defeat the Fire/Steel Pokemon in raids. It will be appearing in raids for a few more days, so if you’ve been struggling with figuring the battle out, this is the right place to you. We’re gonna break down which moves Heatran is weak against (and strong against), the kinds of attacks it can throw at you, and then give you a few options on what to use in the fight.
Pokemon GO Heatran Weakness, Moveset & Counters
When it comes to Heatran weakness, moveset and counters in Pokemon GO, you’re gonna need to know them all if you’re gonna fight it in the raids. So, let’s start with the weaknesses. Heatran is extremely weak against Ground attacks, and very weak against Fighting and Water attacks. By that, I mean Ground is your best bet, but Water and Fighting will do you just fine, too. On the other hand, it’s resilient against Normal, Psychic, Flying and Dragon attacks and completely shrugs off Fairy, Ice, Poison, Bug, Grass and Steel attacks. In other words, your options are pretty slim.
As for Heatran’s moveset, it runs a relatively wide gamut. It’s potential quick moves include Fire Spin (Fire) and Bug Bite (Bug). As for regular moves, the list consists of Fire Blast, Flamethrower (both Fire), Stone Edge (Rock) and Iron Head (Steel). So, now that we’ve discussed the Heatran Pokemon GO weakness and moveset, let’s cover the counters. Here are a few options for you to consider; if you have any other ideas, let us know in the comments below.
- Landrous with Mud Shot and Earth Power or Earthquake
- Groudon with Mud Shot and Earthquake
- Garchomp with Mud Shot and Earth Power
- Rhyperior with Mud-Slap and Earthquake
- Mega Lopunny with Low Kick and Focus Blast
- Machamp with Counter and Dynamic Punch
- Conkeldurr with Counter and Dynamic Punch
- Poliwrath with Rock Smash and Dynamic Punch
- Mega Blastoise with Water Gun and Hydro Cannon
- Mega Gyarados with Waterfall and Hydro Pump
- Samurott with Waterfall and Hydro Cannon
- Swampert with Water Gun and Hydro Cannon