Pokemon GO Ho-Oh Counters & Best Moveset 2023
In our Pokemon GO Ho-Oh Counters & Best Moveset 2023 guide, we are going to cover everything you need to know when it comes to fighting the legendary bird. Ho-Oh will be in five-star Raids from March 8th to March 21st, so you have some time to prepare. With that said, let’s talk about what the best counters for Ho-Oh are in 2023, and which moveset makes it the strongest.
Pokemon GO Ho-Oh Counters 2023
The best counters for Ho-Oh in 2023 in Pokemon GO are mostly Rock-types or dual-types that include Rock attacks in their moveset. That’s because Rock attacks are the legendary bird’s biggest weakness, dealing 256% damage. Alternatively, you can use Water and Electric attacks. These deal 160% damage, but I highly recommend pushing Rock attacks if at all possible. With that said, here are some option.
- Rampardos with Smack Down and Rock Slide
- Tyrantrum with Rock Throw and Meteor Beam
- Rhyperior with Smack Down and Rock Wrecker
- Terrakion with Smack Down and Rock Slide
- Gigalith with Smack Down and Meteor Beam
- Mega Aerodactyl with Rock Throw and Rock Slide
- Tyranitar (Shadow or regular) with Smack Down and Stone Edge
- Shadow Aggron (or Mega) with Smack Down and Meteor Beam
- Landorus (any version) with Rock Throw and Rock Slide
- Lycanroc (any version) with Rock Throw and Stone Edge
- Primal Kyogre with Waterfall and Original Pulse
- Aurorus with Rock Throw and Meteor Beam
Pokemon GO Ho-Oh Best Moveset
Now that we know the best counters against Ho-Oh in Pokemon GO in 2023, what is its best moveset? After all, if you go through so much trouble to catch the legendary bird, you want to have the ideal build. Personally, I’d say that the best three movesets all include Brave Bird (Flying) as the Charged Attack. As for the Quick Attack, go with Incinerate (Fire), Extrasensory (Psychic) or Steel Wing (Steel). Pick whichever works best for you, depending on your needs.
With all that said, let’s go over the other moves Ho-Oh can have. The fourth Quick Attack is Hidden Power (Normal). The list of Charged Attacks is really long, though, including Fire Blast (Fire), Solar Beam (Grass), Earthquake (Ground, Elite TM) and Sacred Fire (Fire, Elite TM). Feel free to mix and match for the build that will fit best with your overall battle team.