If you don’t know what the new Pokemon GO Nearby badge is, aka the ribbon mark, we’re here to explain it to you. As it turns out, it’s actually something meant to help you complete one of the activities in the ongoing Adventure Week. So, without further ado, let’s get into what this badge is for, what it does, and so on.
Pokemon GO Badge in Nearby Feature Explained
The ribbon badge or mark in the Nearby feature screen now that the Pokemon GO 2023 Adventure Week has begun actually helps you complete the Collection Challenges. There are four different ones, and we’ll list them all for you below. The ribbon signifies that the Pokemon is a part of one of these challenges. I think it’s obvious how and why this can be exceptionally useful. Still, just in case you need a reminder, here is a list of the challenges and rewards they grant you.
- Dome & Helix
- Requirement: Catch or evolve Kabuto, Kabutops, Omanyte, Omastar
- Reward: Stardust x1000, Encounter with Tyrunt
- Root & Claw
- Requirement: Catch or evolve Anorith, Armaldo, Lileep, Cradily
- Reward: Stardust x1000, Encounter with Amaura
- Skull & Armor
- Requirement: Catch or evolve Shieldon, Bastiodon, Cranidos, Rampardos
- Reward: Stardust x2000, Encounter with Tyrunt
- Cover & Plume
- Requirement: Catch or evolve Archen, Archeops, Tirtouga, Carracosta
- Reward: Stardust x2000, Encounter with Amaura
And there you go, that’s what the badge in the Nearby screen in Pokemon GO means. I assume that they’re going to disappear after the Adventure Week ends on August 2nd, so make the most of the ribbons while they last. There’s a lot of other stuff to do during the event, and if you need help with those, we’ve got you covered. Just head to one of our other guides, like Adventure Week Field Research Tasks 2023, Sightseeing or Studious Adventure Path Choice, and Shiny Tyrunt & Amaura Pokemon GO 2023.